Ryan Kendrick discusses common clinical reasoning errors and how to ensure your Dynamic Taping is evidence led and effective. To build on this, renowned clinician and international educator Mark Comerford introduces the fundamentals of the Kinetic Control approach within the first section of this 2 part elearning module. Part 2 sees Mark apply these principles to the management of tendinopathy.
In Part 1, Mark Comerford explores and explains the Kinetic Control approach and applies his clinical expertise to two case studies.
A truly excellent first step on the Kinetic Control pathway and a perfect primer for all Kinetic Control events.
In Part 2, Mark offers a differential diagnosis approach to the management of tendinopathy, alongside developing the concepts and application of a movement assessment and retraining clinical framework to address clinical presentations of the upper and lower extremity.
What will I learn?
Key learning outcomes are:
- An understanding of the concept of Movement Health
- An understanding of the relationship between relative flexibility/compliance and relative stiffness
- An ability to consider the clinical reasoning process associated to the application of the KC principles
- An understanding of the relationship between muscle recruitment threshold and the presence of clinical presentations
- An ability to explain the distinctions between muscles as rated by a muscle synergy role classification model
- An understanding of the principles of testing for loss of movement choices (LMC) via cognitive movement control tests
- An understanding of the principles of testing muscle synergy recruitment efficiency and extensibility
- An ability to explain the principles behind the retraining interventions linked to loss of movement choices
- An understanding of the interaction between the site and direction of LMC and tendinopathy presentations of the upper and lower extremity
- An understanding of the application of movement retraining interventions to manage tendinopathy presentations
You can find out how to continue your Kinetic Control journey here.